Northern Territories Countermeasures Headquaters
The Northern Territories Countermeasures Headquarters is in charge of clerical work related to issues concerning the Northern Territories and other northern regions.
Thank you for accessing the web site on the Northern Territories.
This site contains information on measures taken by the Hokkaido government concerning the Northern Territories and a variety of related topics.
We hope that this site will help as many people as possible take an interest in the Northern Territories issue and become active participants in the campaign for the reversion of the Northern Territories.
Functions of the Northern Territories Countermeasures Headquarters
- Planning and coordination of measures concerning the Northern Territories issue
- Research on the Northern Territories issue and collection and analysis of related materials
- Increasing public awareness concerning the Northern Territories issue
- Support for former residents (and the children and grandchildren of those residents) of northern regions
- Development of regions adjoining the Northern Territories and stabilization of the living conditions in those regions (excluding operations under the jurisdiction of other departments or divisions)
- Liaison and coordination with related government offices and organizations
- Liaison and coordination with other departments of the Hokkaido government
- Operations related to the Liaison Council for Measures to Promote the Regions Adjoining the Northern Territories